What you should know if you’re a victim of domestic abuse
February 8, 2018
Tax Reform News 2018
February 16, 2018
Show all

Haven’t received your W-2 yet? The IRS can help
It’s tax time, and you need your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, to file an accurate
federal tax return. Your employer should have sent this to you by January 31. If you
don’t get it by the end of February, check with your employer. Make sure they have your
correct address.
If you still don’t get your Form W-2, you must still file on time. You can use Form 4852,
Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, instead of Form W-2. Estimate your
wages and withholding on this form. You can use a pay stub or similar statement to help
estimate the amounts.
When you finally receive your Form W-2 and discover that your estimate was off, you
will have to correct your tax return by filing Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual
Income Tax Return. Keep in mind, your amended return can take up to 16 weeks to
Finally, if you tried to get your Form W-2 from your employer and you still don’t receive it
by the end of February, you may call the IRS and we’ll send a letter to your employer.
You can visit the forms and publications web page on IRS.gov to view, download or
print the tax forms you need.
Date: February 1, 2018


IRS Can Help Taxpayers Get Form W-2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *